Issue No. 2 'Vintage'
Issue No. 2 'Vintage'
Dedicated to Bringing Back The Village™, love and support to your everyday. Finally, a magazine that celebrates honest motherhood.
- 158 pages of beautiful honest motherhood, from mothers across the globe.
- A collection of touching stories, uplifting essays, poems and original photography.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE VILLAGE ISSUE 2?
Issue No. 2 is about slowing down, catching the sunset, sipping tea, and listening to those who time has danced across. We set out to explore the past, back to a time where life wasn't so rushed, and where The Village was prevalent. In Issue Two, we focused on the timeless beauty of age, the evolution of birth, and how not to einvent the wheel.
- Three mothers invited us into their homes, giving us a glimpse into their unique journey as mothers, from finally bringing home baby after time in the NICU, to brunches, and talks of friendships after baby.
- We gleaned words of wisdom from our grandmothers, we explored 7 myths of parenting with Illustrator Ally Ritchie.
- We learned how to "say yes" to creative play from home schooler Bethany.
- We turned the pages back as writer and midwife Erica dived into the evolution of birth.
This issue is a collaborative project from our team in San Diego, and our large community of contributors from all around the world.
Excerpt from The Letter From The Editor:
''Every turning leaf brings a new batch of emotion, every cry, every growth spurt, every tooth, every lock of hair, every sweet curve of their skin, pulls at you, tugging at the seams, seeping it's way into your bones. It's hard, it's sweet it's miraculous. This season of life, the one surrounded by your children, love incarnate, is the coldest winter, the hottest summer, the most beautiful spring, a blindingly stunning autumn. You weep, for happiness, for sorrow, for love, for time, more time to be here in this place, where the days are long and the nights are longer. Where the house will never be as clean as it once was... Where sleep is foreign... Where messes are made... Where laughter fills the halls... Where tears flow freely... Where moments are precious and love reigns."