At The Village, we are committed to stunning and moving imagery, words that speak truth, and the Village that rises up when both these elements work in tandem. Below you will find an overview of what we look for in our featured content. Please review each of the following submission details carefully before sending us your work.
Our submission form is to both our quarterly publication and online blog. It is of the utmost importance that we provide our readers with carefully curated content on all platforms.
• All submissions are reviewed for both online and print publication. We do not accept any work that has already been published, nor is pending review at any other publication or submission blog. Exception: Photographers may share submitted images on their own personal business website and blog. This is to protect the value of each printed Issue, as well as the exclusive integrity of The Village, providing fresh and new content for our daily readers.
• Images must be submitted via Dropbox Link. Please provide us with the link to your folder of images as outlined in the submission form. We will not join shared folders. You must create a shareable link to your folder. Please confirm the link before sending your submission. Invalid links may cause us to move forward to other submissions in queue. Each submission should include 25-50 images, each folder and image should be labeled with the photographer's name, and images provided without any watermark. Images linked to any other gallery platform outside of Dropbox will automatically be declined in an order to protect our efficient workflow.
• We require all images to be high resolution, and at least 1000 pixels wide. Any images accepted for print publication may be requested in an additional larger size.
• Images should be well lit, well composed, and void of any unnecessary clutter in the background. Images should be photographed with technical excellence and skill. We prefer clean editing and post processing styles. We look for variety in the images that will help create a cohesive and visually interesting feature.
• We accept both film and digitally photographed images.
V i l l a g e S U B M I S S I O N F o r m
All submissions are currently reviewed and considered for both online & print feature. You should receive an update on your Submission Status within 3 weeks at the email provided. Please review the above Submission FAQ & Guidelines carefully before submitting.